Ecohome Store Policies
RETURN POLICY Ecohome Improvement offers a diverse range of ecological and healthy home products that fall into three categories. The return and refund policy is based on the type of product purchased:
1. REGULARLY STOCKED PRODUCTS ‘Stocked products’ are those products that are available for purchase from our immediate inventory and do not include sales items, closeouts, or final sale items. All returns must be made within 15 days accompanied by a receipt and be unused. We give store credit only. All tinted paint sales are final.
2. NON-STOCKED PRODUCTS ‘Non-stocked products’ are products that are not in stock and ordered for you at the time of purchase. This includes, but not limited to, flooring, tile, appliances, and countertop materials, plus large orders of limited-inventory products. Returns of non-stocked products are subject to a 30% restocking fee + shipping to return the product to the manufacturer. Initial shipping charges are not refundable. All returns of specially ordered products must be in their original packaging, returned within 20 days of purchase and be accompanied by a receipt. Cancellation of an order once it has been placed will be treated as a return and be subject to all the fees of a specially ordered product. A check will be processed and mailed to you within 15 business days.
3. MADE-TO-ORDER PRODUCTS ‘Made-to-order products’ are those products that are made for you upon your purchase such as, but not limited to, tile, cabinetry, rugs and some countertops and hardware. All sales of made-to-order products are final and cannot be canceled once the fabrication process has begun. Cancellation prior to commencement of the fabrication process will be treated as a return and is subject to a 30% transaction fee plus any other costs incurred by us or our fabricators.
4. WARRANTY All products are limited to manufacturer warranties and do not carry any additional guarantees or warranties implied or inferred by Ecohome Improvement. Manufacturer warranties will exclude ordinary wear and tear, fading, color fastness, shrinkage or any damage caused by misuse, cleaning, mishandling, abuse, or intentional damage. It is the customer’s responsibility to read any warranties. We also recommend that you review Care & Maintenance information. Please ask an Ecohome associate for information or look on the manufacturer’s website. All product warranty claims are handled between the customer and the manufacturer or warrantor of the product. If you believe that you have a warranty claim, please contact Ecohome Improvement and we will provide you with the contact information to initiate your claim. Our commitment is to select the highest quality products from the most reputable and responsive companies.
5. PRODUCT REPRESENTATION As with any natural product, your order may have a slight variance in color, grain, and finish sheen from the product representative samples on display in the showroom, library samples, and all web and print pictures. This adds to their natural beauty and should not be considered defective. Our commitment is to do our best to ensure that the product color and finish you receive match your order and are within industry standards.
6. DELIVERY TIME We will give you an estimate of when your product will likely arrive at Ecohome Improvement. Lead times are based on our previous experience and are subject to conditions beyond our control. Delays may include, but are not limited to, an out-of-stock manufacturer, a delay in transit, or an order that is partially complete. We cannot be held responsible for costs incurred for not meeting construction timelines due to delays of any kind. No monetary compensation, order cancellation or deposit refunds will be provided due to delays. Our commitment is to communicate any changes to lead times as they arise and do everything we can to keep your project on track.
7. DIRECT SHIPPING Some items are available to be directly shipped to you from the manufacturer. When freight delivery to your home is available and accepted, you are responsible for making an appointment with the freight company to receive delivery, as well as checking completeness of order and checking for and noting any damages. If any shipping damage occurs, notify Ecohome Improvement and we will assist with coordinating product replacement. Our commitment is to help you easily receive your product. We offer the service of receiving, checking, notifying and storing your order for up to 48 hours at no additional charge to you.
8. STORAGE FEES Any items that remains in our will-call area for more than 5 business days will be charged a storage fee of $10 per day. We cannot be responsible for products held for over 10 business days. Our commitment is to notify each customer of your expected delivery date and when your order has arrived.
9. PICKUP An Ecohome Improvement associate will be available to assist with loading product into your vehicle. We reserve the right to refuse loading if the situation is deemed to be unsafe. We do not provide materials for securing loads and will not assist in securing loads. We are not responsible for damages due to loading material. Our commitment is to be helpful and provide you assistance within our ability.
10. MEASUREMENTS Drawings, blueprints, floor plans or similar as provided by the customer may be used as a guide in estimating dimensions and materials needed. All measurements, sizes and dimensions estimated by Ecohome Improvement are approximate and we shall bear no liability or responsibility for the cost incurred for returns and/or ordering additional material due to approximations. It is the customer’s responsibility to verify materials, style, dimensions, quantities and layout with the customer’s contractor, installer, designer or other adviser. Our commitment is to assist you, at no charge, with a ballpark estimate and referrals to professionals that can advise you on material requirements.
Not knowing the category of product that you purchased will not be accepted as a condition of exemption for our return policy. If you are unsure of your product’s or products’ corresponding policy, please ask an associate.